Dear Imota users,
On October 3, 2023, Imota launched version 2.14.0 on both Android and iOS platforms, with a new Otara Evolution mining mechanism.
The Otara Evolution mining mechanism, after months of user behavior research and product development, aims to develop the Imota community, fairness for users, and minimize Otara inflation and wastage.
Unfortunately, version 2.14.0 encountered an unexpected issue, resulting in users experiencing the following problems:
- Unlimited ad viewing
- The number of Otara received after each mining and restoration session is temporarily incorrect, not aligning with the Evolution mechanism.
The Imota team received the error report and started the investigation and troubleshooting process within the past 24 hours. The issue (1) regarding unlimited ad viewing has been completely resolved. The frequency of ads has returned to normal, with no continuous, unlimited ads appearing any longer.
However, the issue (2) with the incorrect number of Otara awarded from mining continues to be addressed, and is expected to be fully resolved by the start of next week, October 11, 2023. During the troubleshooting process, users can still participate in mining Otara normally. The correct amount of Otara will be automatically adjusted by Imota. After October 11, all users with complaints about the number of Otara in their accounts can contact Imota via Live Chat for audit support and resolution.
About the resolution plan for the incorrect Otara display issue:
- The Imota team will adjust the display of Otara in all Imota accounts back in accordance with the Evolution mining mechanism
- Review and supplement all incorrectly added Otaras into user accounts.
- This adjustment will also be completed at the latest by the beginning of next week, October 11, 2023.
Our deepest apologies to all Imota users for the inconvenience in this update.
Update time: October 11, 2023
After the official announcement about fixing the error in the new mining - Evolution last week, our devs have been planning to modify according to the following timeline:
- October 11, 2023: completed the migration to new mining scheme, successfully adjusted user’s mining speed according to Evolution mechanism
- October 18, 2023: Audit and collect data about users' existing Otara token balances and prepare the adjustments according to the Evolution mechanism
- October 25, 2023: Undertake to revoke and supplement the Otara number to the user's account according to the Evolution mechanism
In order to ensure the technical accuracy and safety for a large number of users, Imota's technical teams are striving to fix and review all issues following the timeline above. After October 25, 2023, when the process of revoking and adding Otara is completed, users who have problems about Otara balances can contact us via Live Chat for support and reconciled information.
We will keep you informed about the updated information of the fixing process on our website, social networks and in-application.
Join our community for the latest announcement: